Moving on to scouting for the right tourism business that suits your interest and budget, lets explore the six principal industries involved in Tourism as follows :
- AIR – Air transportation companies
- SEA – ships, local cruises
- LAND – buses and coach
- OIL Companies
2. Hospitality – The Lodging Industry
- Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Camping Grounds, Time?Share, Bed and Breakfasts, Youth Hostels, Summer Camps, Etc.
3. Food & Beverage
- Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Fast Food Outlets,
- Pubs, Club Facilities, Etc.
4. Activities & attractions (entertainment)
- Ski Resorts, Sport Fishing (Fresh & Salt Water),
- Golf/ Tennis, Ecotourism, Water Sports/
- Marine Tourism, Guiding & Outfitting, Etc.
- Attractions, Museums, Galleries, Parks/
- Gardens, InterpretaHve Centers, Cultural
- Tourism, Nature Tourism, Industrial Tourism,Etc.
5. Travel & Trade
- Travel Agencies, Tour Wholesalers, Tour
- Operators, Tour Guides, Etc.
6. Other private sector entities
- • Publishing Companies
- • ITC Service providers
- • Marketing & Public relation Organizations
- • Event Organizers
- • Miscellaneous Services
Indeed its a long list of choices. This blog will explore each of these industries as we go along.